SEV 621: Strategic Risk Management
Welcome to SEV 621: Strategic Risk Management content page. Please click the “Purchase” button to complete your purchase.
This course has been designed to develop strategic risk management skills and apply this analysis to real companies and real time.
The SEV 621 content is for individual use only, each course book is watermarked with an individual secure license ID, these ID’s are intended for use of the purchaser only, any sharing, copying, redistribution, or otherwise of the content is a direct violation of the license. By purchasing this course materialn you acknowledge and agree to abide by the rules of the individual secure license.
Please note that the student discounted price of $89.95 for the Student Edition is only available for students officially registered in the SEV 621 or ACC 798 course. Others purchasing the course package for executive education and applications of Strategic Risk Management in companies and company workshops would select the Professional Edition price of $249.95.
Payments are processed by Paypal. Creating a Paypal account is NOT required to pay via debit/credit card.
Included in your purchase are:
- Strategic Risk Management: A Primer for Directors and Management Teams — eBook Digital Download
with personal copyright license watermark
- Secure Login information for required course videos “An Introduction to Return Driven Strategy” and “Strategic Risk Management: The New Core Competency”
- “An Introduction to Return Driven Strategy” (20:02) — This video provides an overview of the Return Driven Strategy framework, which is the foundation for understanding the strategic risks of an organization. It will reinforce your knowledge from reading the book DRIVEN: Business Strategy, Human Action and the Creation of Wealth.
- “Strategic Risk Management: The New Core Competency” (9:55) — This video provides an overview of Strategic Risk Management using the underlying strategy framework of Return Driven Strategy. It reinforce your knowledge of how strategy and risk management must be linked.
- “Strategic Risk Management in the Co-Creative Enterprise” (46:27) — This video provides an overview of Strategic Risk Management in a Co-Creative Enterprise in a discussion with Dr. Mark L. Frigo, Kellstadt Graduate School of Busness – DePaul University and Dr. Venkat Ramaswamy, Ross School of Business – University of Michigan.
A digital collection of 14 articles that will be used throughout the course, all articles are PDF download with personal copyright license watermarks. These articles will be used during as reference during our course.
- “Strategic GRC: 10 Steps to Implementation” Internal Auditor June 2009
- “A Strategy Framework for Governance, Risk and Compliance” Strategic Finance, February 2009
- “Co-Creating Strategic Risk-Return Management” Strategic Finance, May 2009
- Embracing Enterprise Risk Management: Practical Approaches for Getting Started, COSO (2011)
- “Is it Time to Consider a Risk Committee?” Strategic Finance August 2009
- “Strategic Risk Assessment: A First Step for Risk Management and Governance” Strategic Finance December 2009
- “Strategic Risk Management at the LEGO Group: Integrating Strategy and Risk Management” in ERM Implementing Enterprise Risk Management: Case Studies and Best Practices
- “Strategic Risk Management: A Foundation for Enterprise Risk Management and Governance” Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance Spring 2011
- “Strategic Risk Management: A Primer for Directors” The Conference Board (2011)
- “Strategic Risk Management: Creating and Protecting Value” Strategic Finance May 2007
- “The Balanced Scorecard: 20 Years and Counting” Strategic Finance October 2012
- “What is Strategic Risk Management?” Strategic Finance March 2011
- “What Directors Should Ask About Risk Management” Strategic Finance April 2012
- “When Strategy and ERM Meet” Strategic Finance, January 2008
- Risk Disclosure and Analysis Book — Digital Download with personal copyright license watermark. This book includes Risk Disclosure and Analysis of companies. It will useful when you develop the Risk Disclosure and Analysis for the company you study in your team project.
- Chapter 6 – Strategic Risk Management at the LEGO Group – Integrating Strategy and Risk Management – 2014 — Digital Download with personal copyright license watermark. This article will be useful for applying LEGO PAPA model to the company you study in your team project.
- “Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Maps – A Primer for Management Teams” — This primer includes an overview of the concepts and terminology of the Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Maps which we will use during our seminar course. It also includes a diagnostic quiz at the end and debrief answers. Please read this Primer to prepare for Day 1 of our seminar course and complete the online quiz “Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Maps Diagnostic Quiz”.
“Value-Based Management – A Primer for Management Teams” — This primer includes an overview of the concepts and terminology of Value-Based Management which we will use during our seminar course. It also includes a diagnostic quiz at the end and debrief answers. Please read this Primer to prepare for Day 1 of our seminar course and complete the online quiz “Value Based Management Diagnostic Quiz”.
- You should complete the following online diagnostic quizzes (open time quizzes which will be graded) on the ISV site before Day 1 at 9am:
- Here is the link to the quizzes. http://app.valens-research.com/isv/sev621/quizzes
- Diagnostic Quiz 1: “Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Maps”. This quiz is based on the reading of Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Maps: A Primer for Management Teams
- Diagnostic Quiz 2: “Value Based Management”. This quiz is based on the reading of Value Based Management: A Primer for Management Teams
The above listed materials are all intended for academic use only. All content is under copyright of Mark Frigo, Joel Litman, Center for Strategy, Execution, and Valuation, Valens Securities, and the Institute of Strategy and Valuation.