SEV 611: Return Driven Strategy
This course has been designed to develop strategic analysis skills and apply this analysis to real companies and real time. Welcome to SEV 611 Course content page. Please click the “Purchase” button to complete your purchase.
Please note that the student discounted price of $89.95 for the Student Edition is only available for students officially registered in the SEV 611 course. Others purchasing the course package for executive education and applications of Return Driven Strategy in companies and company workshops would select the Professional Edition price of $249.95.
The SEV 611 content is for individual use only, each course book is watermarked with and individual secure license ID, these ID’s are intended for use of the purchaser only, any sharing, copying, redistribution, or otherwise of the content is a direct violation of the license. By purchasing this course material you acknowledge and agree to abide by the rules of the individual secure license.
Payments are processed by Paypal. Creating a Paypal account is NOT required to pay via debit/credit card.
Included in your purchase are:
- Performance & Valuation Prime Chartbook — eBook Digital Download with personal copyright license watermark
This Performance & Valuation Prime Chartbook includes cash flow prime analysis of hundreds of companies and will be used as a reference in the course. You will also receive an individual login to Valens-Research which will include updated and expanded cash flow prime analysis.
- Career Driven Strategy — eBook Digital Download with personal copyright license watermark
- This book will be used to prepare you to develop your individual assignment of applying the Return Driven Strategy to your career.
- Secure Login information for 7 Videos for required course videos that includes:
- “An Introduction to Return Driven Strategy” (20:02) — This video provides an overview of the Return Driven Strategy framework, which is the foundation for understanding the strategic risks of an organization. It will reinforce your knowledge from reading the book DRIVEN: Business Strategy, Human Action and the Creation of Wealth.
- “How to Innovate Without Going Broke” Part I Dr. Mark L. Frigo (6:27) — This video discusses how the Return Driven Strategy framework can be used to develop a focused growth strategy.
- “How to Innovate Without Going Broke” Part II Dr. Mark L. Frigo (6:49) — This video is a continuation of Part I.
- “How to Innovate Without Going Broke” Part III Terry Groff (9:01) — This video presented by Terry Groff, Chairman and CEO of Reading Bakery Systems describes how he used the Return Driven Strategy framework to drive breakthrough performance at his company.
- “How to Innovate Without Going Broke” Part IV Terry Groff (11:55) — This video is a continuation of Part III.
- “Career Driven Strategy” Dr. Mark L. Frigo (2:10) — This video describes how the Return Driven Strategy framework can be applied to the individual for career strategy and leadership.
- “Return Driven Strategy and Co-Creation” Dr. Mark Frigo and Dr. Venkat Ramaswamy (46:36) — This video presents a discussion about two leading strategy paradigms and how they are related. Dr. Mark Frigo (DePaul Kellstadt Graduate School of Business) and Dr. Venkat Ramaswamy (University of Michigan Ross School of Business) discuss how Co-Creation and Return Driven Strategy can be integrated to help companies create more value while managing strategic risks.
- A digital collection of 14 articles that will be used throughout the course, all articles are PDF download with personal copyright license watermarks. These articles will be used as reference during our course
- Building the Verbs of Strategy on the Nouns of a Business
- Co-Creating Strategic Risk-Return Management
- Focusing Strategy on Fulfilling Customer Needs
- Genuine Assets: Building Blocks of Strategy and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Growth Isn’t Always Good: Knowing When and Where to Grow
- Mission Driven Strategy
- Performance Measures that Drive the First Tenet of Business Strategy
- Performance Measures that Drive the Goal Tenets of Strategy
- Return Driven – Lessons from High-Performance Companies
- Strategy or Execution?
- Supporting Tenets of Return Driven Strategy
- The Segments, Offerings, Needs Matrix
- When Strategy and Valuation Meet – Five Lessons from Return Driven Strategy
- Why Great Stocks Aren’t Always Great Companies … and Why You Should Care
- Return Driven Strategy Case Studies — PDF Digital Download with personal copyright license.
- These cases describe how three companies have used the Return Driven Strategy framework to drive breakthrough results. The case studies are written by executives who led the Return Driven Strategy initiative in their company.
SEV 611 Diagnostic Quiz – Return Driven Strategy (to be completed by Day 1 at 9am CST). This quiz is untimed but will be graded. After reading through the book DRIVEN: Business Strategy, Human Actions and the Creation of Wealth and viewing the videos on Return Driven Strategy complete the quiz. The SEV 611 Diagnostic Quiz is available at http://www.institutesv.org/isv/sev611/quizzes using the Login from ISV
The above listed materials are all intended for academic use only. All content is under copyright of Mark Frigo, Joel Litman, Center for Strategy, Execution, and Valuation, Valens Securities, and the Institute of Strategy and Valuation and may not be distributed with permission..