Welcome to ACC 555 Management Accounting and Control – A Study Guide and Workbook for MBAs content page. This Study Guide and Workbook has been designed to create an very efficient learning experience for your ACC 555 course and to help you to be successful in the course. It includes clear and concise explanations of the management accounting concepts and tools covered in the course. It also includes annotated solutions for all questions and problems which will be discussed in the online content of the course.
Please note that students registered for ACC 555 should select the Student Edition on the Purchase page for the discounted student price which is available only for students officially registered in the ACC 555 course. Others purchasing the course package for executive education and applications in companies would select the Professional Edition price.
The ACC 555 Study Guide and Workbook book is for individual use only, each course book is watermarked with and individual secure license ID, these ID’s are intended for use of the purchaser only, any sharing, copying, redistribution, or otherwise of the content is a direct violation of the license. By purchasing this course material you acknowledge and agree to abide by the rules of the individual secure license.
Included in your purchase are:
- Management Accounting and Control: A Study Guide and Workbook for MBAs (Frigo, Mark L., 2016 Edition 2.0) — eBook Digital Download with personal copyright license watermark.
- Supplemental Practice Problems to Accompany the Study Guide and Workbook
- Module 1 Supplemental Practice Problems – Introduction to Management Accounting
- Module 2 Supplemental Practice Problems – Job Order Costing
- Module 3 Supplemental Practice Problems – Budgets, Standards and Variance Analysis
- Module 4 Part I Supplemental Practice Problems – Cost Behavior Analysis
- Module 4 Part II Supplemental Practice Problems – Cost Volume Profit Analysis
- Module 5 Supplemental Practice Problems – Relevant Cost Analysis
- Articles for background reading (these articles support Chapter 1 in the Study Guide on the topics of Strategy, Value-Based Management and the Balanced Scorecard:
- “Return Driven: Lessons from High Performance Companies” Strategic Finance (2008)
- “Guidelines for Strategic Financial Analysis” Strategic Finance (2003)
- “The Balanced Scorecard: 20 Years and Counting” Strategic Finance (2012)
- Diagnostic Quizzes
- Quiz 1 – Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Maps (from Chapter 1 from the Study Guide)
- Quiz 2 – Value Based Metrics (from Chapter 1 from the Study Guide)
- Quiz 3 – Cost Accounting Concepts and Terminology (from Chapter 2 from the Study Guide)
The diagnostic quizzes are available until Day 1 of the course at 12noon CST on http://app.valens-research.com/isv/acc555/quizzes
The diagnostic quizzes are untimed but will be graded and are available until 12noon CST on Day 1 of the course
The above listed materials are all intended for academic use only. All content is under copyright of Mark Frigo, Joel Litman, Center for Strategy, Execution, and Valuation, Valens Securities, and the Institute of Strategy and Valuation.