1. Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time. Please note that, if you do, Valens Research may suspend its provision of products and services to you.
Valens Research collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
3. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Valens Research collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- To understand participant needs regarding Valens Research’s services;
- To fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- To communicate with participants and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform participants of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Valens Research, its affiliates and third parties, if any;
- To allow participants to access limited-entry areas of the Valens Research site;
- To personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Valens Research’s and third parties, if any;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- To respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Valens Research site or any Valens Research product or service;
- To protect the services, products or rights of Valens Research, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Valens Research site; and
- To identify and resolve technical problems concerning Valens Research’s site, products and services.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
4. Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
Valens Research limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. Valens Research does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
5. Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Valens Research does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- To someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
- A very limited amount, and in very few cases, to Valens Research’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Valens Research’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- As necessary if Valens Research has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Valens Research’s rights or property, other users of Valens Research’s web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our company, we, or our affiliates, may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Valens Research or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States, or in any other country in which Valens Research or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Valens Research will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Valens Research’s compliance with any applicable law.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information
Valens Research will use reasonable efforts to keep participant’s personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate participant decisions based on such information. Participants are responsible for informing Valens Research about changes to their personal information. Valens Research will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
7. Security Safeguards
Valens Research will use reasonable efforts to protect customers’ personal information.
8. Access to Personal Information
Valens Research will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by using this contact form. If you have a Valens Research account, you can view and modify your personal information that we have on file here.
If Valens Research is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney/client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Website users have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting Valens Research as described above. Valens Research will promptly correct such personal information.
9. Erasing your Personal Information
Valens Research provides you a simple way to purge all of your personal information from our databases here. This results to being opted out of all newsletters, mailing lists, and other subscriptions. Your Valens Research account, if you have one, will also be deleted.
10. Third Party Services
Some of the services we provide, such as Email Campaigns, our Web Sites, etc. make use of Third-Party Services outlined below.
- SurveyMonkey – For surveys, we occasionally run
- FourEyes – For surveys, we occasionally run
- Facebook – We have a Valens Research Facebook page and we run Facebook campaigns
- LinkedIn – We have a Valens Reseach LinkedIn page and we run LinkedIn campaigns
- Google – We use Google Analytics on our sites as well as business accounts for email and docs. Also, some products collect usage stats via Google Analytics.
- Twitter – We have Valens Research Twitter accounts and run campaigns
- Stripe – One of our payment processors
- Paypal – One of our payment processors
- HotJar – For analytics on our websites
- ZenDesk – Support System
- Amazon AWS – For hosting and maintaining some of our website, API, and database servers
- Rackspace – For hosting and maintaining some of our website, API, and database servers
- MongoDB – For hosting and maintaining some of our database servers