Build Your Career at Valens Research
Valens Research is a high-end boutique research firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts with its Asia headquarters at Tektite in Ortigas, Pasig. Its clients include some of the largest and most successful investment firms, consulting firms, and corporations. We are recognized for revolutionizing how business performance analysis and valuations are conducted, utilizing some of the most advanced frameworks in the industry, many of which have been pioneered by our President & CEO, Professor Joel Litman (www.joellitman.com).
Compensation is highly competitive for the industry. Comprehensive benefits. Opportunity to work from home. Significant training opportunities.
Of note, our corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts are some of the most extensive of any firm our size in the Philippines. We are dedicated to our communities, and the Filipino people in several major community development initiatives, such as microfinance lending programs, child sponsorship, and college scholarship.
This is your opportunity to work for a great firm, with a great sense of dedication to its employees and to the community.
CREDIT ANALYST POSITION
You will be a part of Valens Research’s growing investment research department where you will produce credit analysis for our consultancy clients. You will also be exposed in-depth research of different industries and will have the opportunity to learn and apply Valens’ proprietary tools such as Uniform Accounting, return driven strategy, and fundamental forensics.
- Prepare written credit memorandums of various transactions, such as asset-based, lender finance, commercial real estate, capital call lines, and leverage finance
- Conduct deep-dive research on companies, industries, and global economies
- Perform financial statements spreading and financial statements analysis
- Prepare written reports and presentation materials using Valens Research’s proprietary tools, including but not limited to Uniform Adjusted Financial Reporting Standards (UAFRS) and Return Driven Strategy
- Create bespoke solutions and analyses for clients and internal teams
- Establish and foster lasting relationships with Valens Research’s partners, clients, and prospective clients
- Participate in meeting internally and with clients
- Coordinate with different teams across Valens Research for projects in relation to the development of the company’s local and global business
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree holder of Management, Economics, or any Finance-related course, or with background in finance
- Experience in writing credit reports and memorandums
- Great English communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Must possess at least basic proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with the S. stock market, PH stock market, and the global economy
- Diligent and pays great attention to detail
- Willing to learn and self-motivated
- Great time management skills
If you strongly believe that this job position is a fit for you, please write an email with ALL of the following:
- Up-to-date resume
- ConciseCover Letter to convince us to hire YOU over someone else
- Subject line should be “Applying for Credit Analyst Position at Valens Research”
Please make sure you have accomplished all of the above then send the application to email@example.com. Incomplete application emails will be ignored.
We are located at the Tektite Towers (formerly the Philippine Stock Exchange Centre)
2803-D West Tower, Tektite Towers, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City