Now accepting applications.
Full-Time Investment Research Internship in Istanbul, for USA investment clients.
Full-time Internship conducting investment research and advanced financial analysis, working USA-daytime hours in Istanbul. Responsibilities in working directly for our Senior Analysts and Director of Research team based in Boston.
Interns receive unparalleled training and education in highly advanced financial statement analysis and fundamental investment research. Heralded as the best investment research education opportunity in all of the Eurasia region.
Our clients are the world’s largest institutional investors. The experience gained in our intern program has led our interns into careers at the most prestigious corporations, Wall Street and investment firms, and management consultancies in the world.
- Produce daily research based on advanced proprietary financial analytics for published reports to our readership of subscribers in tens of thousands daily
- Performing deep cash flow analysis on publicly listed companies that will be included in client deliverables for top global investment management firms
- Assisting in assembling and preparing specialized corporate management analysis and research reports
- Helping design and prepare regular and custom client deliverables on a daily basis, requiring highly fluent spoken and written English.
- Building and running Excel models and other spreadsheet tools for corporate credit and equity analysis, if individual companies, industry aggregates, and entire markets.
- Preparing and presenting potential credit and equity investment reports and ideas for client and internal use
- Various administrative tasks associated with investment research functions such as scribing meetings, scheduling management & coordination of discussions and events, client and internal meeting preparation.
We look for “Hungry, Humble, and Honest.” Self-motivated and self-starter with the highest integrity; strong analytical skills and analytical curiosity; highly fluent American English conversation, reading, and writing skills; comfortable in a small team entrepreneurial environment; strong interest in the financial markets, investment research, and investing in general.
Work is conducted primarily remotely with in-person training sessions, workdays and events, once or twice monthly, in our offices in Levent, Istanbul.
This internship is intensive and we treat our interns as full-time participants in the entire investment research process. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about the finance role, career, and industry from a USA and global perspective of money management.
- Must be a Turkish citizen and based in Istanbul, Turkey (or has a valid working permit in Turkey)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to quickly and accurately understand and complete tasks
- Ready to take ownership and leadership of new projects
- Ready to work EDT or EST hours with US-based colleagues and clients, as well as PHT hours with Philippines based colleagues occasionally
- Exceptional time management and problem-solving skills
- Analytical, with strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and Google Workspace
- Great presentation and public speaking skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and is versatile
- Willing to learn and self-motivated
- Works well in a team
About Valens Research:
Valens Research is a high end boutique investment analysis firm that services some of the largest and most influential hedge fund and institutional investment firms in the world. We provide investment analyses and custom services that rival the largest Wall Street bulge bracket investment research firms, and with insights, content, and investment advice that our competitors simply do not have and cannot compete with.
We are a firm of 125+ personnel, headquartered in Boston with Eurasia offices based in Istanbul and Southeast Asia offices headquartered in Manila.
Our clients hire us to provide highly advanced fundamental research and financial statement analysis on individual company investments and macroeconomic trends with truly unique competitive advantages and differences from all other research shops.
It is highly mandatory for the applicants to join the webinar below to learn more about the position and Valens Research: https://www.valens-research.com/financeaccelerator/mar2023/