Northwestern University Investment Management Group is very excited to host and have a presenter, Professor Joel Litman, CEO at Valens Research, and Chief Investment Strategist at Altimetry Financial Research.
A subtitle for this event is “Why the K, and Why It Will Continue,” as Prof. Litman covers:
- The reasons for the K-Recovery in the stock market and how strongly it will continue
- How Wall Street has missed the mark on evaluating the K-shaped recovery
- How to profit from the ongoing trends that will continue for quarters and even years to come
- Is the next speculative bubble around the corner—if so, how soon? If not, why not?
This event will also highlight the Altimeter’s power—a veritable “stock truth detector” for individual investors. The points of discussion are:
- The gap in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) based financial statements
- Understanding inconsistencies in GAAP-based financial statements
- How the Altimeter provides a grade for every stock based on its TRUE fundamentals and the market’s misleading valuation
- How the Altimeter can help investors make big gains each year on stocks that Wall Street is incorrectly pricing
Altimetry Research is guided by the knowledge that U.S. accounting guidelines—which American public companies are forced to follow—obscure the actual results of a company’s profitability, misleading investors. And we’re not alone with these concerns…
Warren Buffett: “The net earnings figure… is not representative of the business at all.”
Forbes: “Why GAAP Accounting Rules May Be Damaging to Investors.”
Billionaire hedge-fund manager Seth Klarman: “Analysis of reported earnings can mislead investors as to the real profitability of a business.”
Instead of using traditional Wall Street analyses, our group of financial analysts deconstruct them and reassemble them using our Uniform Adjusted Financial Reporting Standards (UAFRS)–or Uniform Accounting, for short. This process shows an accurate picture of a company’s financial performance. Then, combine Uniform Accounting with additional, deep forensic analysis to consistently find mispriced companies poised for massive growth.
That’s how Altimetry sees the numbers that Wall Street doesn’t.
Prof. Litman will also provide provocative opinions and his no-holds-barred view of the state of Wall Street Research and what he calls “a demise more than ten years in the making.” He sources “the greatest investors ever” as some of the evidence for his perspective.
Prof. Litman is one of the most frequent speakers at CFA Society programs globally. He has published in Harvard Business Review and Forbes and taught and guest-lectured at HBS, LBS, Wharton, Booth, and other top universities worldwide.
Altimetry Research, the consumer arm of Valens Research, is used by more than 200 of the top 300 investment managers globally, including 9 out of the top 10 and thousands of family offices, registered investment advisors, and high net worth investors.
The firm’s unique equity and credit research covers more than 32,000 companies globally with Uniform Analytics and Uniform Accounting (UAFRS) for performance benchmarking, valuation, insights, and analytics.
Make sure you register for this event and listen to Professor Joel Litman’s insights on all of these topics and more.
There is no charge for attending this special webinar for the greater Northwestern University community.Register for this Program