Build Your Career at Valens Research
Valens Research is a high-end boutique research firm headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts with our Asia headquarters in Metro Manila at PSE Tektite. Our clients include some of the largest and most successful investment firms, consulting firms, and corporations. We are recognized for revolutionizing how business performance analysis and valuations are conducted.
Our business and investment analysis utilizes some of the most advanced frameworks in the industry, many of which have been pioneered by our President & CEO, Professor Joel Litman (www.joellitman.com).
Our digital marketing, publishing strategies, and copywriting are as advanced as our financial analysis. Our marketing capabilities have been heralded as some of the best in our industry.
Compensation is highly competitive for the industry. Comprehensive benefits. Opportunity to work from home. Significant training opportunities.
Of note, our efforts in corporate social responsibility are some of the most extensive of any firm our size in the Philippines. We are dedicated to our communities and the Philippine people in several major community development initiatives.
This is your opportunity to work for a great firm, with a great sense of dedication to our employees and our communities.
Python Developer Position
The primary responsibility of the Python Developer is to help the Digital Team design, develop, deploy, and maintain web applications, scripts, and data systems for both internal use and our clients. The Python Developer is also tasked with ensuring that all work done by the team is bug-free via Test-Driven Development methodologies. The candidate will also administer live websites as necessary.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills
- Must be industrious, self-motivated, and willing to learn independently—all of these even with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge in web development using one or more of the following technologies: Python, Django, and Git
- Experienced in one or more advanced web technologies such as AJAX, REST, jQuery, JSON, etc.
- Experienced in using any of the following databases: MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
- Ability to manage an Ubuntu/CentOS server network environment, including database administration as well as scaling applications to handle load changes (a plus, but not required)
- Experienced in performing administrative activities and configuration within the Linux command-line interface (a plus, but not required)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Test Driven Development (another plus, but not required)
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree holder of Computer Science or similar courses — but Vocational Degree holders, with the respectable coding practical skills, are still welcome to apply
- Both experienced applicants (1-4 years) and fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Ability to report at the office in Ortigas, Pasig, as needed
- Owns a decent workstation at home with a stable internet connection
If you strongly believe that this job position is a fit for you, please write an email with ALL of the following:
- Up-to-date CV/Resume
- Concise Cover Letter to convince us to hire YOU over someone else
- Your preferred schedules for a 2-hour practical exam (to be taken at home) within 7 days of your application date
- The subject line should be “Applying for Python Developer Position at Valens Research”
Please make sure you have accomplished all of the above then send the application to email@example.com. Incomplete application emails will be ignored.
We are located at the Philippine Stock Exchange Center (Tektite)
2803-D West Tower, PSE Tektite, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City