VRSK – Market expectations are for Uniform ROA to improve, and management is confident about analytics, ACTINEO, and product development
January 11, 2022
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK) currently trades above corporate averages relative to Uniform earnings, with a 39.0x Uniform P/E (Fwd. V/E’).
- At these levels, markets are pricing in expectations for Uniform ROA to improve to 128%, accompanied by 9% Uniform asset growth.
- However, analysts expect Uniform ROA to compress to 78% in 2022, accompanied by 20% Uniform asset growth.
- If sustained going forward, these levels would imply a stock price closer to $196, representing approximately 14% equity downside for the firm.
- That said, the firm’s most recent earnings call suggests management is confident about their analytics capabilities, ACTINEO acquisition, and product.