Nap Like A Pro: Discover ways to master the art of a revitalizing power snooze here! [Friday: Mindfulness by Miles]
Miles Everson’s The Business Builder Daily speaks to the heart of what great marketers, business leaders, and other professionals need to succeed in advertising, communications, managing their investments, career strategy, and more.
A Note from Miles Everson:
Happy Friday! Welcome to “Mindfulness by Miles.”
We’re excited to share with you another insightful topic.
In these articles, we talk about various health and mindfulness tips. Our hope is that these topics will encourage you to enhance your overall well-being.
Today, we’ll discuss a useful trick that could help you get through a long and busy work day.
Continue reading to know how you can boost your energy and productivity in just a short amount of time.
Mindfulness by Miles
Do you often find yourself yawning and struggling to stay focused during the day?
If your answer is yes, we have good news for you. The solution to your dilemma might be simpler than you think: A power nap!
In this fast-paced world, taking a quick snooze can be a game-changer for your energy, mood, and overall productivity. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the wonderful world of power napping and discover how this short burst of rest can lead to remarkable benefits.
Power Napping: Why It Matters
Imagine that mid-afternoon slump when the desk seems comfier than the office chair, and your eyes start to droop like a sleepy puppy. Have you ever been in this situation? Chances are many of you have.
According to Miles Everson, CEO of MBO Partners, while this may seem concerning especially if you’ve been experiencing this slump frequently, there’s actually nothing for you to worry about because science has your back.
Enter the power nap, a mini siesta that’s designed to invigorate your mind and body without leaving you in a groggy daze.
Why is a power nap important?
Power napping is typically taken during the day to help boost alertness, productivity, and overall cognitive function. Unlike longer naps, which can lead to grogginess and interfere with nighttime sleep, power naps are designed to be brief.
The goal of this snooze is to provide a quick period of rest that allows your brain to recharge without entering into the deeper stages of sleep. This is especially popular among individuals who need a quick energy boost during the day, such as those working long hours, preparing for exams, or experiencing a midday slump.
Below are some other benefits of power napping:
- Boosted Alertness: Have you ever felt like you’re running on empty, especially after lunch? Everson says he has. Thankfully, a power nap can recharge your mental batteries, making you more alert and attentive. This is helpful for tackling your daily to-do list.
- Sharper Memory: Say goodbye to those moments of forgetfulness! Power naps have been shown to enhance memory consolidation, helping you retain the information you’ve soaked up throughout the day.
- Unleashed Creativity: Have you experienced staring at a blank screen for over 5 minutes, desperately seeking inspiration? A power nap might just be your muse! In fact, it’s been linked to improved problem-solving skills and bursts of creative thinking.
- Better Mood: When stress knocks on your door, a power nap can be your shield. It’s known to alleviate stress and improve your overall mood, turning your frown upside down.
- Physical Rejuvenation: It’s not just your brain that benefits from power napping. According to studies, a power nap can also provide a brief escape for your muscles, releasing tension and helping you feel physically refreshed.
Now that you know some of the benefits of this short burst of rest, let’s now move on to some of Everson’s tips to make the most out of your snoozes:
- Find the best timing: Everson says the sweet spot for a power nap is usually in the early afternoon, around 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., when that post-lunch slump hits you hard.
- Keep your naps short and sweet: Aim for just 10 to 20 minutes of sleep to avoid grogginess. According to Everson, this will help you stay in the lighter stages of sleep and reap the benefits without the post-nap haze.
- Set the scene: Find a quiet, comfortable spot where you won’t be disturbed. Dim the lights and create a serene atmosphere that encourages relaxation.
- Alarms are your allies: Avoid turning your power nap into an unplanned siesta. Everson states you have to set an alarm to wake you up when your time is up.
- Experiment and adjust: Everson believes everyone’s power nap preferences are different. Some might find 15 minutes ideal, while others swear by 20. Experiment with different durations until you find the time frame that fits you best.
There you have it—the benefits of and tips for effective power napping!
Everson says he’s sharing these insights with you because he has also personally experienced the pros of this activity. Hopefully, you’re encouraged to take his advice too.
So, boost your productivity, sharpen your mind, and conquer your day-to-day challenges with the help of a short, revitalizing power nap!
You’ll see, once you’ve gotten the hang of this practice and fully incorporated it into your daily routine, your body and brain will thank you for it.
We hope you enjoyed reading today’s topic!
(This article is from The Business Builder Daily, a newsletter by The I Institute in collaboration with MBO Partners.)
About The Dynamic Marketing Communiqué’s
“Fridays: Mindfulness by Miles”
High-performance businesses are run by people who think and act differently.
In other words, these are people who are high-performing individuals.
Companies and individuals of this kind have found ways to escape the grind of commoditization and competition by focusing on the RIGHT goals.
High-performing businesses and individuals are also “return driven” businesses and “career driven” individuals. They conscientiously develop unique capabilities and resources that allow them to deliver offerings in ways no other firm or individual can.
Every Friday, we’ll publish tips and insights from MBO Partners and The I Institute’s “The Business Builder Daily” newsletter.
These will help you gain knowledge on the things that Miles Everson, the CEO of MBO Partners, often talks about regarding the future of the workforce.
We’ll also highlight other mindfulness advice on how you can be a high-performing individual both in your career and personal life.
Hope you’ve found this week’s insight interesting and helpful.
Stay tuned for next Friday’s “Mindfulness by Miles!”
Head of Marketing
Valens Dynamic Marketing Capabilities
Powered by Valens Research