Education
& Events

Thought Leadership in Strategy & Finance


May 24, 2020

“The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior, but simple behavior is more effective.” – Warren Buffett

May 23, 2020

“While formal schooling is an important advantage, it is not a guarantee of success nor is its absence a fatal handicap.” – Peter F. Drucker

May 22, 2020

“When a subject becomes totally obsolete we make it a required course.” – Peter F. Drucker

May 21, 2020

“Freelancers are not a regrettable cost, they are a valued and critical asset.” – Miles Everson

May 20, 2020

“Perhaps a freshman with an SAT math score of 500 had better not have his heart set on being a mathematician, but if instead he wants to run his own business, become a US Senator, or make a million dollars, he should not put aside his dreams.” – Hernstein and Murray From the book, The Bell Curve

May 19, 2020

“…Nevertheless, between 75 percent and 96 percent of the variance in real world criteria such as job performance cannot be accounted for by individual difference in intelligence test scores.” – Sternberg, from “Testing Common Sense”

May 18, 2020

“Action is the real measure of intelligence.” – Napoleon Hill

May 17, 2020

“Do not be fooled into believing that because a man is rich he is necessarily smart. There is ample proof to the contrary.” – Julius Rosenwald, Part-owner and leader of Sears Roebuck early 1990s

May 16, 2020

“At best, IQ contributes 20% to the factors that determine life success, which leaves 80% to other forces.” – Gardner, from “Cracking Open the IQ Box”

May 15, 2020

“Not only is high intelligence insufficient and unreliable in the pursuit of success…it would appear to be unnecessary.” – Julius Rosenwald, Part-owner and leader of Sears Roebuck early 1990s

May 14, 2020

“Every time you have to speak, you are auditioning for leadership.” – James C. Humes, Presidential speechwriter, author of “Speak Like Churchill, Stand Like Lincoln”

May 13, 2020

“Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.” – Buddha

May 12, 2020

“Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” – Zoroaster

May 11, 2020

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” – Buddha

May 10, 2020

“Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson

May 9, 2020

“Churchill wrote his own speeches. When a leader does that, he becomes emotionally invested with his utterances. If Churchill had had a speech writer in 1940, Britain would be speaking German today.” – James C. Humes

May 8, 2020

“You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.” – Leonardo da Vinci

May 7, 2020

“Be candid with everyone.” – Jack Welch

May 6, 2020

“Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

May 5, 2020

“Actions speak louder than words.” – English Proverb